Snow Delay

1/28/2010 10:19:00 AM

So the goal is to save up money starting this week, unfortunately this happened: I left my house to head to work it's snowing and looks like it's been snowing for the past 8 hours tons of snow. Snow and Ice never really cause an issue with me driving ever, this little front wheel drive infiniti does just fine in the snow. I made a left hand turn and was behind a plain old beat up blue ford truck with the tailgate down, a ladder tied to the bed and a few other things in the bed of the truck as well.

He's not really paying attention to the road and I didn't realize it until he hopped up onto the median and insta-swerved back onto the road. Upon his instant action two of the boxes in the back of the truck had tipped over and I thought, eh no big deal. We start heading uphill where the road is wet, not icy or covered in snow, a whole lot of things starting falling out the back of his truck. Roofing nails. AWESOME! The front tires must have propped them up just right so that instead of puncturing the rear tires and forming a possibly fixable hole they go in the rear tires and both bend and make a much larger hole.

So, new tires are going to delay this a little while. I can save $100 this week for the $600 deposit so it's not a huge deal, just a minor set back.

0 comments:

Post a Comment