Starting Friday

1/26/2010 03:22:00 PM

We're going on a mission starting Friday. Building A Bankroll Without Grinding. I find myself having such a hard time breaking through the micro's but I know I do well at $25NL and above, regrinding the micros is so tedious and I've done it 3 or 4 times before but once I broke that barrier and was playing $25NL to $50NL to $100NL to $200NL to $300NL I was doing just fine. granted I was not rolled correctly for $200NL or $300NL but just took shots at them and made some money off of that. I was forced to withdraw almost all of my Bodog bankroll to replace the transmission in my car. Now that I'm struggling with $5NL even, I'm just frustrated and don't see a need to regrind the micros (Correct me if I am wrong) because I do fine from $25NL and up. I'm just in a constant pull-and-push motion with $5NL on Bodog.

I left $100 in my Bodog account to regrind and rebuild due to the emergency expense I had to attend to. I just find myself @ $100 to $140 to $100 to $160 to $120 to $100. I'm flat lining and it's killing me. Almost 5k Hands this month alone with $5NL and I'm too frustrated to continue to grind it out.

I seem to have a serious problem. I do really well against other competitive players. I do not do very well against calling stations, donks, fish, LAGs, etc. I've never really looked at poker as something I can live off of (though it would be nice) I love it for the competition, math, and skill involved. I could care less if BluffMaster69 wants to stack off with middle pair @ $5NL, if you call with top pair top kicker and he open shoved with 58o on a flop of A 8 4 rainbow, you'll be disgusted when he turns or rivers a disgusting rag for two pair.

So expenses are down again, and I can start saving up. So what I'm going to do starting this Friday. Deposit $100 - $200 a week from my paycheck into my Bodog account, maybe my Full Tilt Account (not 100% sure which site I want to commit 100% to) And play the correct games for my bankroll at the time. For instance: If I'm grinding $5NL w/ a starting bankroll of $100 and get it up to $140 by the next paycheck and deposit $100 I then have a bankroll of $240 and I start playing $10NL. The goal is to get past the $10NL barrier and be able to sustain myself at $25 or $50NL with at least 20-30 buy-ins. And go from there. Anyway. Stats will be updated and such. Stayed Tuned...

0 comments:

Post a Comment