Variance Is Bliss

2/04/2010 03:37:00 AM

So bankroll started this eve at $548.69, I gained 6.5 buy-ins, swung down to +2 buy-ins, down to -4 buy-ins, down a little more and here I am with a total BR of $455.21. Maybe I should transition over to $6 SnG's? Only 2 days into my challenge and I am faced with a face full of variance, I'm not stacking off on draws, I get nut hands on the flop and Mr. 57/5 doesn't matter how much it costs to see the river. Or Mr. 57/5 slow plays all of his hands and I run into a monster.

For instance today the ugliest hand I lost. Two Limpers Behind and I have As Ks, Raise in the CO, SB&BB call a 6xBB raise Limpers Fold. Flop, is absolutely beautiful. Qd Js Ts, SB opens for a pot sized bet, BB re-raises all-in, I re-raise all in SB calls, I'm like WTF!? at the 3 AI pot. SB has TT BB has JJ, I'm in pretty good shape. I think at least, I was favorite to win on the flop, Had the nut straight, had the nut flush draw, had a royal flush draw, and wtf. Turn Kd River Kc. So disgusting and I was 2.5 buy-ins deep on that table. SB&BB are 40/25 and 30/10, pretty spewy, Sometimes I wish people would play their hands correctly I would have layed down AKs if SB 3-bet and then BB 4-bet, the frustration is extraordinary.

0 comments:

Post a Comment